Book title: Dragonbreath – The Frozen Menace
Author: Ursula Vernon
Illustrator: Ursula Vernon
Setting: The Farthest North
Book type: Narrative chapter book
- Danny Dragonbreath: A dragon who is still learning to control his fire.
- Wendel: A nerdy iguana who is Danny’s friend.
- Christiana: A crested lizard who is Danny’s friend and is nerdy too.
- Ice worms: Giant worms who live in snow.
Danny Dragonbreath may not be the best fire-breather in his family but when his flames misteriously goes out Danny and his friends need to journey to The Farthest North in search of some phoenix egshells. On their search for the egshells they spotted a phoenix with an aurora triling behind it. They followed it . On the way following the phoenix they encountered many giant Ice worms.
Will they survive and find Phoenix eggshells or will they become worm food? Read the book to find out.
This hilarious book is perfect for readers everywhere with pictures on every page and facts that you probably didn’t know about. This book is hilarious, easy to read and great.
Book title: I Survived The Joplin Tornado, 2011
Author: Lauren Tharshis
Setting: Joplin, 2011
- Dex: An 11 year old boy who is a tornado expert and a big fan of Dr. Gage.
- Dr. Gage: A storm chaser who has his own TV show. He is also Dex’s dad’s friend from high school.
- Zeke: Dex’s dog.
- Jeremy: Dex’s brother who is part of the SEAL.
Dex was walking Zeke when an SUV nearly crashed into him. The driver asked if he was alright and he said yes. Dex then realized that the driver was Dr.Gage. Dex then asks if he remembers his father and he said yes. Dr. Gage asked if Dex wants to come storm chasing with him. Dex asked his parents if he could go and they said yes. When Dex and Dr. Gage were driving back it was stormy. Then a bolt of lightning bursts from the sky revealing a storm warped tornado right behind Dr. Gage and Dex. The tornado was 1 mile wide and heading for Joplin. Can Dex and Dr. Gage warn the people of Joplin and survive or will they die? Read the book to find out.
This book has twists and turns and is based on a true event that happened in Joplin witch took away many lives. This book is easy to read and overall I think it was greatly made.
Book title: I’m 8 and I’ve Burped 40,908 Times
Author: Mitchel Symons
Illustrator: Mitchel Symons
Book type: Fact book
This book is very fascinating and has interesting facts about achievements made my 8 year old and other facts on every page. Some of these facts are: when you are 8 you will have taken 67,159,994 breaths, blinked 52,851,994 times and slept 38,070 hours and 53 minutes. This book is easy to read and is very interesting.
Book title: Captain Underpants and the Wrath of the Wicked Wedgie Woman
Author & Illustrator: Dav pilkey
Book type: Narrative chapter book / novel
- Mr. Krupp: A mean principal who turns into Captain Underpants when he hears somebody snaps their fingers.
- Captain Underpants: A superhero who only wears underpants and a red cape. He thinks starch takes away his powers so he is scared of it.
- George Beard: A kid who likes to write stories and gets in trouble a lot.
- Harold Hutchins: George’s friend who likes to draw a lot and also gets in trouble a lot.
- Ms. Ribble: George and Harold’s teacher who is realy mean.
- Wedgie Woman: A wicked woman who has hair that can give wedgies. She is actually Ms. Ribble but hypnotised by George and Harold.
George and Harold’s teacher Ms. Ribble is going to retire by the end of the year, but their school held a retirement party for her today at recess. George and Harold’s class all had to make a card for Ms. Ribble, but George and Harold made a comic. They were told to go to the principal’s office.
The secretary (peson who answer calls) told them that Mr. Krupp is on the phone so she told them to hand sheets of events that are going to happen next week for her. George and Harold changed the events and handed out the sheets. They then got Mr. Krupp to sign a blank card witch they then turned the card to a letter requesting Mr. Krupp to mary Ms. Ribble. They then tricked Mr. Krupp into giving it to Ms. Ribble.
Ms. Ribble read the letter out loud and then the teachers said that they will prepare the wedding on saturday in school. All Mr.krupp said for the rest of the week until the wedding was “B-b-bubba bobba hob-hobba-hobba Wah-wah”. On the wedding day Ms. Ribble said no to marrying Mr. Krupp and Mr. krupp said that George and Harold tricked him into giving the letter.
Ms. Ribble then changed their grade to Fs so George and Harold hypnotysed her so that she turns their grades to normal and so that she won’t turn into wedgie woman. But dissaster struck when she did the complete oposite of what they told her and she turns into wedgie woman with superpower hair.
George and Harold then summoned Captain Underpants to fight her but she sprayed starch on Captain Underpants’ underpants so that he thinks he lost his powers.
Can Captain Underpants overcome his fear or will the world be taken over by the wicked wedgie woman? read the book to find out
This book is filled with action, terror, and laughs. This is great for readers who are starting to read chapter books because it is esy to read with illustrations to help you imagine the story.
Book Title: South By South East
Author: Anthony Horowitz
Book Type: Narrative Chapter-book
- Tim Diamond: The worst private detective ever
- Nick Diamond: Tim’s 13 year old brother
- Charon: A wanted murderer with 4 fingers
- Charlotte: A female author who loves Tim
- Snape: A chief inspector who is very muscular
- Boyle: Snape’s sidekick who is into violence
Private detective Tim diamond is broke so when a stranger offers to buy his jacket for 50£ he feels a stroke of good luck. But what Tim doesn’t know is that he will find the man dead in a telephone box, got to prison twice, find out that the man is a spy trying to track down Charon,become wanted, get chased and nearly murdered multiple times by agents that Charon hired, meet Charlotte, and nearly get killed by a plane with machine guns and much more.
This book is perfect for fans of murder mysteries and hardcore readers. I do not recommend this book to new readers. For me this book is just right to read and has an excellent story.
Author: Eleanor Hawken
Book type: Narrative chapter book
Setting: Feral zoo (mostly)
- Sammy feral: a part time zookeeper, an apprentice cryptozoologist and part werewolf. He can also speak to mythical creatures.
- Mark: Sammy’s best friend, he also “tells the worst jokes” (from book).
- Donny: A cryptozoologist with grey hair.
- Red: Donny’s sidekick, a girl with the power of telekinesis.
- Sammy’s family: A family that is part werewolf (they used to be werewolves but got partly cured) and likes to eat raw meat. They also own feral zoo.
- The hell hound: A dead spirit of a dog that wants revenge on feral zoo.
- The troll: A troll that wants revenge on the hell hound for killing his family.
- The wish frog: A retired wish granter also the last wish frog alive.
Donny and Red have to leave Feral zoo. They couldn’t pay their rent there and the zoo was running out of money. Sammy didn’t want them to leave. So he had a family meeting. They decide to start a zoo attraction where you can get a picture with a hawk and buy the picture. They also planned a party where people can buy $100 tickets if they want to enter.
Donny and Red started a Facebook page where people report sightings of things like dragons yetis and other mythical creatures. Then Donny and Red would solve the case. On their Facebook page somebody reported about a hell hound following her and killing someone that was in her location by being looked at. Also she told them to visit her so that they could talk about it on the weekend. There had also been reports of a troll under bridges in the same area that the hell hound has been in.
Mark is going to stay with Sammy on the weekend. Unfortunately Sammy is coming with Red and Donny to talk to the lady, so Mark tags along. On their way back to the zoo after the talk, Mark forgot his sandwich at the lady’s mansion. While walking back to the car that they drove in, Mark saw the hell hound. Now he is cursed and can die at any moment. Can Sammy cure Mark’s curse or will Mark die? Read the book to find out.
This book is very hooking and has a few interesting facts about mythical creatures. This book is great for fans of mythical creatures and is just right to read for readers everywhere.
Book type: Narrative multi choice book
Author: George Ivanoff
Setting: The Super Sport spectacular
Main character (Throughout the whole book):
- You ( You’re personality develops throughout the choices)
Blurb ( Because there is no story summary for the whole book):
You are ready for a day of fun-filled physical activity. There are so many cool sports to try, but you notice that the competitors look a little unnatural. The basketball players are way too tall and some kids look strangely perfect. Are they human or could they be robots in disguise? Will you become a sporting star or a victim of the weirdest world domination plan ever?
I liked how you can choose what you, the main character does. This book is great and easy to read.
Book title: Saurus Street – A Plesiosaur Broke My Bathtub
Author & Illustrator: Nick Falk and Tony Flowers
Book type: Narrative chapter book
Setting: Saurus Street
- Thomas (first person) : A boy with a big imagination, also a dinosaur expert
- Molly: Thomas’s friend who is also a dinosaur expert
- Thomas’s grandpa: A soldier who fought in WWI and WWII
- Thomas’s grandma: A grandma who cooks lots of spicy food
- The Parsnips: Mean people who want to kill Ellie
- Ellie: an elasmosaurus living in Saurus lake also the last one of it’s kind
Thomas’s grandparent’s house is ancient. There’s no electricity and the toilet is a creaky old cabin outside. Thomas is terrified of that toilet, And when he falls in he discovers a secret that will change Saurus Street forever. There he made friends with Molly and they both saw Ellie the elasmosaurus in Saurus lake. The Parsnips had bought that lake and they are hunting Ellie down. Can Thomas and Molly help Ellie escape or will Ellie end up as a stuffed decoration for the Parsnips? Read the book to find out.
This book is perfect for dinosaur fans everywhere. This book has pictures on every page to help you understand the story more. I enjoyed reading this book, it is easy to read and will keep you on the hook.
Book title: Captain Underpants And the Big, Bad Battle Of The Bionic Booger Boy Part 1: The Night Of The Nasty Nostril Nuggets
Author: Dav Pilkey
Book type: Narrative Graphic novel?
- George: A smart kid with ADHD who likes to write
- Harold: A kid who likes to draw, George’s friend also has ADHD
- Captain underpants: A super hero who only wears underpants and a cape. He is actually a mean principal Named Mr. Krupp
- Melvin Sneedly AKA the bionic booger boy : A science fanatic this guy
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Story summary WARNING spoilers
George And Harold presented a prank to their class called squishies. Their teacher did it to Mr. Krupp and Melvin told on George and Harold saying they taught everybody in their class about squishies. George and Harold then wrote a comic book and sold copies of it to people to get revenge on Melvin. Melvin then wants revenge so he combined himself to a robot using his combine-o-tron 2000 but sneezed at the last second, Making him a bionic booger boy. On an excursion to a tissue factory Melvin get mad and triples in size, he then goes on a rampage across the city. It is up to captain underpants to stop him now. Can captain underpants stop Melvin or will everyone die? Read the book to find out.
This funny and gross book will keep you reading. You will definitely crack up at least one time. I love this book’s mix of comic and chapter book. I recommend this for everybody who wants a laugh or two.
Book title: Captain Underpants and The Sensational Saga of Sir Stinks-A-Lot Author: Dav Pilkey
Book type: Narrative part comic part chapter book
- George: A smart child who likes to write stories
- Yesterday George: A yesterday version of George
- Harold: George’s friend, likes to draw
- Yesterday Harold: A yesterday version of Harold
- Mr. Meaner aka sir stinks-a-lot: An evil genius gym teacher who wants to be the strongest entity in the world
- Captain underpants: A super hero that only wears underpants and a cape. He is also Mr. Krupp who is a mean principal.
Smart earth widely contains an element called Zygo-Gozzigle 24. It can produce enough energy to light up a whole city but has a side effect of making things smart. A science experiment concluded in smart earth, which caused smart earth to explode and spread Zygo-Gozzigle 24 through the whole galaxy, making things smart.
Unfortunately one piece of Zygo-Gozzigle 24 landed on earth where Mr. Meaner unthoughtfuly ate it and became very smart. Mr. Meaner then invented a method of mind control that transforms even the most wilful students into attentive, obedient, perfect children. Now the future of humanity is in George and Harold and yesterday George and yesterday Harold’s hands. Will they succeed in stopping Sir Stinks-A-Lot? Read the book to find out.
This book is ultra hilarious and will definitely hook you up. It is easy to read and the story line is easy to follow and has no complicated terms.